The air you breathe inside your home could be the most polluted air you breathe all day. In fact, the EPA has named indoor air pollution as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. With the amount of time spent indoors, it’s no wonder so many people suffer from allergies, asthma and other illnesses.
Here’s what’s happening in the air you’re breathing right now:
- Just one cubic foot of air can have more than 30 million pollutants—that’s 100 times more than the air outside. Polluted air like this causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- If you see dust in the air or on your furniture, what you’re really looking at are mold spores, pet dander, bacteria, pollen and other harmful contaminants. About 40,000 dust mites, which increase the chance of asthma development*, can live in just one ounce of dust.
- In addition to visible contaminants, there’s an alarming concentration of harmful particles that are invisible to the human eye. Particulate matter like this is the leading cause of poor indoor air, and it’s found in 85% of homes.
How a high efficiency whole-home air cleaner can help you:
- Control health. A whole-home air cleaner removes particulates and irritants throughout your home. That includes mold spores, pet dander, dust mites, bacteria, pollen and even viruses. By removing these harmful contaminants, you’ll help reduce the risk of asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
- Control dust. You’ll notice less build up, making your home look and feel cleaner, while protecting appliances and electronics.
- Protect your home. With an installed air cleaning unit working in tandem with your HVAC system, you can make every corner of every room feel more comfortable and more healthy. You’ll also keep your air conditioner cooling coil clean and your furnace working efficiently,saving energy, minimizing repair costs and extending service life.
The Lynch Company, Inc. recommends Trane and Aprilaire whole house air cleaners to help clean the air and purify the in your home while better protecting your heating and cooling equipment in the process.
Trane Clean Effects
Technologically advanced cleaning. Amazingly, enhanced air. The revolutionary Trane Clean Effects was designed from the ground up to clean the air like nothing before, Clean Effects makes the air in your home feel cleaner and fresher than you thought possible.
As an accessory to your HVAC system, Trane Clean Effects will:
- Removes up to an incredible 99.98% of allergens from filtered air.
- Traps particles as small as .1 micron in size.
- Up to 100 times more effective than a standard 1” filter and more than twice as effective as the Aprilaire and other media type air cleaners.
- Can reduce your need to dust by up to 50%.
- Has had its performance verified by leading experts at the Harvard School of Public Health.
Aprilaire Media Air Cleaner
The Aprilaire line of media air cleaners offers up to MERV13 protection and whole house air cleaning for an affordable price. It uses a disposable 5” media filter to trap dust and other contaminates. The Aprilaire air cleaner is a great general purpose whole house air cleaner.
In order to help control the quality of the air you breathe in your home every day The Lynch Company, Inc. can offer a variety of air cleaners that will work with your heating and cooling systems to clean your 24 hours a day.